Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hischadshus

Anybody who is concerned about himself and his eternal life, his hope, whoever he may be, and whatever his circumstance, is that no matter what, no matter what, he should always view himself every day as a if born anew.
For in reality, a person is created anew every day, and it's for that reason that we make a new Birchas Hashachar every morning. Therefore, no matter what, one must view his Avodas Hashem every day as totally new.
Everyone does many mitzvos every day, tzitiz, tefilin, etc. But the main thing is to take time every day and to consider how this day in which I am now standing in has never been before, and will never repeat itself. The Avoda of today is totally new, having nothing to do with the mitzvos which were done until now. And they are my mitzvos, that their duty has fallen upon me, who lives in this generation, in this time, today. I am the one who must perform them, and not even a malach, not even Tzaddikim in Gan-Eden, nobody can do the Avodah which I have been charged to do.
חי חי הוא יודוך כמוני היום
The way I am today, on whatever level I'm on, however low it may be. If I'm the one living today, I'm the one charged with serving and thanking Hashem today.

No comments:

Post a Comment